PSEA members approve new Association Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
Delegates to the May 2016 PSEA House of Delegates have approved new Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals statements that will guide PSEA's work for the next several years.
"This has been an inclusive process and an extremely important effort," said PSEA Vice President Dolores McCracken. "For nearly two years, members from every age group, membership category, and region in the state contributed their time, perspective, and ideas to help set a course for our future."
PSEA's Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals statements reflect what PSEA members identify as the Association's purpose, guiding beliefs, and direction for future success.
New statements approved on May 14, 2016:
We are members who promote, protect, and advocate for our schools, students, and professions.
To be an informed, engaged, inclusive, and collaborative union and the leading voice for education and labor.
- Integrity in words, actions, and data
- Professional growth and expertise
- Student-centered teaching and learning
- Unionism and collective action: Working together based on core union principles
- Equitable resources and equal opportunities for all students
- Our members’ voices in the union and as leaders in our professions
- Respect and diversity in our Association and workplaces
- Partnerships with our communities
PSEA as an Organization
- PSEA will increase our strength by growing, engaging, unifying, and communicating with our membership.
- PSEA will operate in a fiscally responsible manner.
Compensation and Working Conditions
- PSEA will bargain and protect professional salaries, benefits, pensions, and safe and effective working conditions.
Quality Education and Advocacy
- PSEA will provide quality educational services, advocate for all students to have access to effective learning environments, and advance pro-public education policies.
- PSEA will work to improve public perception of and support for public education and the education profession.
Updating PSEA's Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
PSEA periodically updates its Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals, through a process that engages thousands of PSEA members with surveys and in-person conversations asking members for their thoughts and input.
PSEA members at the Association's biannual House of Delegates gave final approval to the new Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals statements at their May meeting in Philadelphia.